Receivable/Accounts - Information for Credit and Collection Issues

Friday, January 14, 2011

Newsletter for January 2011 Available

I have published my January 2011 newsletter for Receivable / Accounts today, and since I am have spoken recently on credit screening, and preventing bad debt, that is the subject of this month's issue.

I talk about tools for credit screening against both commercial and consumer clients. I also discuss warning signs, controlling your DSO, and what information you need at the beginning to help you at the end.

If you would like a copy, email me at bwettlaufer@gmail.com, and I will be happy to send you a PDF issue.

2 comments:

  1. Blair,

    On Wednesday 19 January Ontario Today on their 12:30 phone in show will be covering Collection Agencies and the laws around them. You may want to listen or even to call in to give an industry POV.
    http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting at my office at that time, but I can very much imagine the conversation talked about prohibited practices of collection agencies -- in this day and age, there are still collection agencies following outdated practices, and consumers are not always aware of what can and cannot be done.

    That being said, a collection agency has tremendous power involving credit reporting, legal action, and access to personal information.

    Here is a good site that talks about prohibited practices, for those who are interested ... http://law.bankruptcycanada.com/ontario-debt-collection-rules.htm

    ReplyDelete